Gilmore Girls
My favorite show on television right now is Gilmore Girls. This may seem odd to those of you who know of my obsession with things like Six Feet Under and films that have to do with people wearing glitter and singing. However, if you take into context my love of My So-Called Life, Dawson's Creek, and other shows that could be seen as embarrassing, this all becomes clear.
That being said, Gilmore Girls is the best show on television. The characters are interesting, the plots are realistic but still fun, people are attractive but not too attractive, and everything is just so damn clever. Also, they talk so fast that it's like getting two hours of television for the time of one.
I was sucked into Gilmore Girls quite by accident, when I used to meet up with people to cook dinner and then watch Smallville. Yes, I know, but I used to watch it. Tom Welling was hot. Anyway, Gilmore Girls was on before Smallville, and every week I'd watch just a little bit more of it. Eventually I was hooked, and when Gilmore Girls and Smallville changed schedules so that they were no longer on the same day, Smallville didn't make the cut.
But enough about me. You should watch Gilmore Girls. The plots stretch through seasons. They're like real life. But better. I would never watch a show about my life. But Rory? And Lorelei? Oh hell yeah. Why? Because they're more interesting than I am, their friends are more interesting than I am, and yet they still aren't different enough from me and mine that it's totally preposterous.
Oh, and Lorelei named her dog Paul Anka. And always refers to him as Paul Anka. It's great.
And Rory's friend Lane is in a band with Sebastian Bach, the metal dude. And she plays drums. I love it.
This may be the last season, which makes me sad. I don't want to let it go, but maybe it's better to let it go now, when it's still so good. I think it could hold on for a while longer, though. Aside from Rory kind of turning into a total brat, the show still has so much potential.
What's with the WB having the most annoying characters be in the title roles of the shows? I mean, Lorelei is great, but Rory...eh. And Dawson was generally the weakest link on Dawson's Creek, but they couldn't very well go and kick him off.
That said, I would pick Gilmore Girls over Dawson's Creek at least 3 out of 5 times. And that's saying something.
Also, the Gilmore Girls theme song is so much better than the one from Dawson's Creek. Hands down.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home